Friday, January 20, 2006

Truth be told

This post is over due and yet somehow it is not so easy to write. The bottomline? I left Chad. It is a bit of a story and not one I am yet ready to divulge in its entirety. However, I do intend to keep posting what I can to keep those interested up to date on the state of Chadian affairs. I am hiding out in my homeland for the moment, but have little doubt that Africa will be in my life again. Well, it never really leaves afterall. But perhaps I will indulge in just a bit of Western extravagence for awhile. Come on, I had an open hole for a toilet and ate $4 canned peas!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, I took the liberty to link your blog to mine and once in a while I take a look at what you write. The dead guard piece had me laughing out loud! And also it's a nice way to keep up to date on the political developments.
But now i see you left Chad? Well whatever your reasons and whatever your thoughts are now, I wanted to tell you just to enjoy it. Pamper yourself. Believe me, L'Oreal is right on this one. You do deserve it.

And yes, me too, my blog changed from 'Life in Chad' to "Life After Chad". There is one!

Good luck!
-Hilde

10:45 PM  
Blogger Africa Anonymous said...

Hilde!

I lost your contact info! You should email me (you can link to my email from this blog). I credit you for lasting as long as you did in dear Tchad...
Kelly

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home